"Cows are my passion. What I have ever sighed for has been to retreat to a farm and live entirely surrounded by cows–and china." Charles Dickens

February 10, 2011

A Winter's Burning


  
 The sun is in the south and the days lengthen fast,  And soon we'll sing for the winter that is past,
Now we light the candles and rejoice as they burn,
and Dance the dance of the sun's return.
They cut me down, but I leap up high!
I am life that will never, never die.
I'll live in you and you'll live in me––
I am the Lord of the Dance, said he!
The moon in her phases and the tides of the sea,
the movement of Earth, and the seasons that will be
Are rhythm for the dancing and a promise through the years––
    The Dance goes on through joy and tears.
~from Lord of the Dance

You come back when you're ready!


Catherine

1 comment:

Welcome to the farm! I hope you feel free to comment and share here. I will respond as often as I can.