"It may be that when we no longer know which way to go that we have come to our real journey...
And we pray, not for new earth or heaven, but to be quiet in heart, and in eye clear. What we need is here." ~ Wendell Berry

January 15, 2012

Housekeeping

It's that time of year! 2012 is upon us and I'm doing some major housekeeping: of our home spaces, my office, and my blog and web presence. I have a new personal author site that I will now be able to keep routinely updated at CatherinePond.com. In the next few months I will also be uploading and linking direct PDF links to published magazine articles and online articles. You can now browse pantry-related things on a new tabs feature on my In the Pantry blog.

In honor of this organizational frenzy (which includes my actual pantries) and a new self-imposed frugality (I haven't spent a penny on anything since before New Year's, including groceries), I am happy to announce that copies of my book, The Pantry, are now available for only $10, plus shipping! This is not a book you'd want on an e-reader and, at this price, it's worth having it on your coffee table. They make a great gift or inspiration for your own home.

Why am I doing this, you ask? Several years ago my publisher was going to remainder the books, originally sold at $16.95 (and a bargain at that price). I knew there was still a market for The Pantry, based on people who follow my blog and who often ask me pantry-related questions. And, it remains the only book exclusively on pantries and their history and design in the American home. So I bought all copies back from the publisher that hadn't sold, save for a few they held back for Amazon (about 100 and I believe they are all gone now), and have been selling them ever since.

It's hard to write and market your own work but there it is. I just want to share something with you of which I am proud and that I also believe in: a pantry, of some kind, in every home. And to thank you for your loyal readership over the years: at my blogs and elsewhere.

Now available for only $10.00 (plus $4.95 shipping and handling) 
exclusively from the author (sent media mail with delivery confirmation). 
Click "Order THE PANTRY" for more information, or order directly below.












Includes autographing and/or inscribing, if desired, 
Inquire about wholesale discounts or other sales at info@CatherinePond.com

2 comments:

  1. I highly, highly recommend The Pantry to everyone. It is full of great words and beautiful pictures. You may read my blog post about it here:

    http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/pantry-by-catherine-seiberling-pond.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nan! I remember that post well. You have a lot of great readers!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm! I hope you feel free to comment and share here. I will respond as often as I can.