"Cows are my passion. What I have ever sighed for has been to retreat to a farm and live entirely surrounded by cows–and china." Charles Dickens

May 1, 2017

May Day

Photo taken in April 2008, our first spring on the farm here in Kentucky–nine years ago now!
May Day by Sara Teasdale

A delicate fabric of bird song 
Floats in the air, 
The smell of wet wild earth 
Is everywhere. 

Red small leaves of the maple 
Are clenched like a hand, 
Like girls at their first communion 
The pear trees stand. 

Oh I must pass nothing by 
Without loving it much, 
The raindrop try with my lips, 
The grass with my touch; 

For how can I be sure 
I shall see again 
The world on the first of May 
Shining after the rain?


6 comments:

  1. helloooo, do you ever post anymore?? your posts were enjoyable, but I check every day and see nothing new.... all ok with you???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've never been a blogger that blogs every day! You'll see if you go back in the archives that for a few years I didn't post at all. I tend to post less the busier we are and the more paid writing assignments that I have on my desk. But I'm trying to remedy this soon after a hectic few months of haying, surgery for a family member, and other remote health issues. Who is this? (You can email me if you like at info@CatherinePond.com -- I just want to make sure this isn't one of those robo spam comments that often pop up on my blogs.) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. To shield the issue from developing, the result ought to be made at the earliest opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should spending plan your next payday painstakingly to abstain from confronting the budgetary weights and abstain from tumbling down in the payday cycle once more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owning a business is a piece of the American dream. This nation is loaded with stories about independent men and ladies who begun from only could parlay diligent work, persistence, and a smart thought into fruitful organizations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our real estate and development division includes a team of experienced and dedicated off-the-plan lawyers and licensed conveyancers with the resources to ensure efficient sales and settlements processing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm! I hope you feel free to comment and share here. I will respond as often as I can.