"Cows are my passion. What I have ever sighed for has been to retreat to a farm and live entirely surrounded by cows–and china." Charles Dickens

December 24, 2012

Peace on Earth - Good Will to All - Merry Christmas !



"The tree, too, is a symbol
. How good the scent of pine, how bright the fragile gold and blue glass balls, how shining the tinsel and the delicate glass icicles! But this tree, this year, as the tree my mother used to trim on long-ago Christmas Eves, has a meaning beyond any individual tree. It is a symbol of the rich growth which Nature gives us all—out of the dark and frozen earth under the snow came the seed, comes the lifting spire of green. Unless we destroy her, the earth will grow green in spring, bear in summer, glow in autumn and dream in winter. The seasons with their infinite splendor will roll on; the glory of the sun and moon will be vouchsafed to us. This is the promise of my Christmas tree."

~ Gladys Tabor, Stillmeadow Seasons, 1947



You come back when you're ready!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm! I hope you feel free to comment and share here. I will respond as often as I can.