"Cows are my passion. What I have ever sighed for has been to retreat to a farm and live entirely surrounded by cows–and china." Charles Dickens

November 23, 2011

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

I am so very thankful for farm-raised food from our fields and pastures–and grown in the fields of other farmers that we know.











I am grateful for a husband who knows how to fill the barns with "the harvest cheer" and likes to fetch the odd thing at the grocery store, too. [Ok, so he likes to shop and fill the pantries and freezers as much as I do: enabler !] 


I am blessed to have three wonderful children, each unique and special, and who love me no matter what I do or say or how un-motherly I can be at times. And who love my cooking so much that they refuse to go anywhere else for Thanksgiving dinner because they don't want to miss a single homemade morsel from their "Mama Goo." [Or who even visit from afar in October just to be here for my birthday and an "early" Thanksgiving celebration! We miss you Addie!]


And I am grateful for my friends and faraway family who, here or there or through the internet, visit when they can in heart and mind or by meeting me to share a laugh or a cup of tea.

Have a blessed, warm, safe and bountiful Thanksgiving ~

You come back when you're ready! 

Catherine

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving from Canada...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family Catherine! You give so much of yourself in your wonderful blog postings & I always look forward to relaxing, putting my feet (tired right now) up & enjoying your latest musings. I am thankful for you Catherine! Blessings to you & yours~Debi in WI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madame, I am glad I rediscovered you and for that I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy, blessings, blessings... Destiny

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm! I hope you feel free to comment and share here. I will respond as often as I can.