"It may be that when we no longer know which way to go that we have come to our real journey...
And we pray, not for new earth or heaven, but to be quiet in heart, and in eye clear. What we need is here." ~ Wendell Berry

November 23, 2011

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

I am so very thankful for farm-raised food from our fields and pastures–and grown in the fields of other farmers that we know.











I am grateful for a husband who knows how to fill the barns with "the harvest cheer" and likes to fetch the odd thing at the grocery store, too. [Ok, so he likes to shop and fill the pantries and freezers as much as I do: enabler !] 


I am blessed to have three wonderful children, each unique and special, and who love me no matter what I do or say or how un-motherly I can be at times. And who love my cooking so much that they refuse to go anywhere else for Thanksgiving dinner because they don't want to miss a single homemade morsel from their "Mama Goo." [Or who even visit from afar in October just to be here for my birthday and an "early" Thanksgiving celebration! We miss you Addie!]


And I am grateful for my friends and faraway family who, here or there or through the internet, visit when they can in heart and mind or by meeting me to share a laugh or a cup of tea.

Have a blessed, warm, safe and bountiful Thanksgiving ~

You come back when you're ready! 

Catherine

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family Catherine! You give so much of yourself in your wonderful blog postings & I always look forward to relaxing, putting my feet (tired right now) up & enjoying your latest musings. I am thankful for you Catherine! Blessings to you & yours~Debi in WI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madame, I am glad I rediscovered you and for that I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy, blessings, blessings... Destiny

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm! I hope you feel free to comment and share here. I will respond as often as I can.