|Image source: Eyewitness to History (with accompanying oral history)|
Here are some of my favorites from the list:
You might be a farmer's wife...
- If your name is taped to the side of a cake pan
- If the vet’s number is on the speed dial of your phone
- If you’re in the habit of buying foodstuffs in bulk
- If the word "auction" makes you tingle
- If you’ve ever washed your kids or the dishes with a pressure washer
- If the "fresh ingredients" your recipe calls for reminds you to do the chores
- If that pail with a hole in it is a flowerpot in the making
- If taking lunch to the field is as close as you get to a picnic
- If your rock garden was hand-picked
- If you’re on the lookout for new uses for "Jell-O"
- If your tan lines are somewhere below your shoulder and above your elbow
- If you buy antiques because they match the rest of your furniture
- If your driveway is longer than a stone’s throw
- If your kids’ wading pool has ever doubled as a stock tank, or vice versa
- If you have a yard, but not a lawn
- If you have lots of machinery and each piece is worth more than your house
- If the neighbor’s house is best viewed with binoculars
- If the directions to your house include the words, "miles," "silos," "last," or "gravel road"
- If your storage shed is a barn
- If your farm equipment has the latest global positioning technology and you still can’t find your husband
- If Eva Gabor is on your list of "Most Admired Persons"
- If you consider "hot dish" a food group
- If grass stains are the least of your laundry problems
- If your refrigerator contains medicine, livestock medicine
- If your car’s color is two-toned and one color is gravel road brown
- If you’ve ever said, "Oh, it’s only a little mud."
- If you’ve ever used a broom to shoo a critter
- If family "pets" include deer, coons, squirrels, foxes or birds
Stay tune for more photos this summer––I have a significant "back blog" of things to share with you.
You come back when you're ready!